[protege-discussion] how can i access ontology from the JADE

Fabio Aiub Sperotto fabio.aiub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:12:59 PDT 2012

Hey Chumba86,

I don't know how you created your project in Protege. But when I created a
project in Protege Frame Editor 3.4.8, I selected a Project Type to work
with OWL/RDF Files. In the directory of this project, with the pprj file
here we have the OWL file too.

Then the Jena parser can connect on that file and can manipulate in Java
all the Ontology, as you wish.

If you want this file and don't have in project directory. You will can use
in the editor: File -> Export to format -> OWL

But if you use a direct connection with database, on that you have several
transactions (inserts, updates), and you can't export to the file, I
believe this is a bad solution. So I'm not want confuse you more which
necessary :-)

2012/8/14 chumba86 <manoj48x at yahoo.com>

> Hi Fabio Aiub Sperotto
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> this Jena library only works with protege RDF and OWL. is that correct??
> when i read the articles i saw protege RDF and OWL things.its not telling
> anything about protege Frame ontology.
>

> --

Fabio Aiub Sperotto
Mestrando em Modelagem Computacional