[protege-discussion] Problem with Datamaster and Oracle. Fixed

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 14 15:59:37 PDT 2012

Hi Marcello,
Sorry for not seeing your message earlier.

On 8/9/2012 8:25 AM, m_arcel_o wrote:
> Hi Csongor
> thanks a lot for you helpme. I just downloaded again the jdbc for oracle and
> its works now. maybe that was the problem.

I am happy to hear that you managed to use DataMaster.

> For exporting my ontology into a java code, i need something else? cause
> when I try to do that protègè give me an error java.lang.nullpointer
> exception
>
> thanks.

I not sure what you mean be exporting your ontology into Java code. Do
you mean using one of the menu options from the "Code" menu?
Also, is it really hard for me to guess what causes the
NullPointerException without further details. :(
The only thing I can think of, is that Protege has some problems
generating Java code from the class and property names that you imported
with DataMaster, due to the fairly complicated namespaces that
Datamaster generates, in order to ensure really unique URIs to the
imported classes and properties, based on the data source location and
the method of importation.

Maybe you want to consider using the DataMaster API [1]
programmatically, and renaming the imported classes and properties, in
order to give them namespaces that would work with the code generator.

I hope, however, that you have been able to fix this problem in the
meantime.

Regards,
Csongor

[1] In order to use the DataMaster API, simply include the
datamaster.jar file, which is distributed with the DataMaster Protege
plug-in, into your Java class path. You can also check out the source
code from the trunk or a specific tagged version from here:
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/datamaster