[protege-discussion] Performance degraded with MS SQLServer backend for Protege 3.4.8

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Wed Aug 22 10:18:27 PDT 2012

Some of my user community and I have noticed that the performance of Protege 3 (Frames) has changed significantly for the worse between version 3.4.4 and version 3.4.8 when using a MS SQLServer database backend.

Protege 3.4.4 performs well with large numbers of instances backed by SQLServer whereas 3.4.8 seems noticeably slow.
Performance is much the same for both versions (or possibly better in Protege 3.4.8) for file-based projects and MySQL database backends.

Is there anything that's changed in the database handling between these versions that might explain this (and might also be in 3.5B)?
Has anyone else had a problem with performance and database backends with 3.4.8?

Thanks

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Mobile: +44 (0) 7904 198295
Email: jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.