[protege-discussion] protege-discussion Digest, Vol 76, Issue 39

André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos andreltramos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:47:52 PST 2012

Dear Timothy,

Thanks for the reply.  Read my comments below please,

> I don't actually know much about this plugin but it looks like it is a
> Protege 3 plugin.  If this is right then you need to install and use it
> with Protege 3 and not Protege 4.

>The latest Protege 4.2 also has a code generation capability but I don't
>know how this compares to the ontology bean generator.

> [1]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/OntologyBeanGenerator_4.0
>
> How does it work actually?  I tried using the link above, followed its
instructions and it did not work for the reasons below:

1. Go to Protege's menu open>configure but it does not exist.  I even tried
the File>Preferences submenu options to no avail however.
2.  The BeanGenerator tab shows up but there is nothing in it.

In addition, I tried to make a simple ontology with one class without bean
genetarion for testing version 4.2b and no code is generated.  The ontology
has two version is saved OWL and RDF.  Why could that be?

What should I do then?  Install another version that work perhaps?  The
errors above were for version 4.2b in ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks again,

Andre Luiz