[protege-discussion] SPARQL ASK

Alessandro Oltramari oltramale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:44:35 PST 2012

Hi all,
I've just noticed a problem with the SPARQL tab in Protege 4.2.0, Build
256.
When I use an ASK form to query my ontology, I get this message:

"Error 316 Logged at Fri Feb 10 09:39:34 EST 2012
SparqlReasonerException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: query is not a
tuple query"

I tried different ASK queries, even the simplest ones.
On the contrary, SELECT works well, even when constraints keywords like
FILTER and OPTIONAL are added.

Do you know if ASK queries are supported or not not by the current version
of the SPARQL tab?

Thanks for answer,

Alessandro