[protege-discussion] Conceptual graphs issued from a Protégé frames project

Bradley Shoebottom bradley.shoebottom at Innovatia.net
Thu Feb 16 07:57:52 PST 2012

If your ontology is in OWL, try GrOWLEditor

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=growleditor&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websemanticsjournal.org%2Findex.php%2Fps%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F111%2F109&ei=YiY9T-vpG-Ld0QHuz4ThBw&usg=AFQjCNECBQ2uBSVqtwwELYmQj6obIZ561A

Check the references for the source forge download.

Just a word of warning, If you have a large instantiated ontology, GrOWl will bog down.

I use it mainly to visualize my ontology with a few example instantiated classes/properties etc to make sure I am "getting it right"

Screen caps of an node you are exploring makes for great visualizations for presentations.

Bradley Shoebottom [http://www.innovatia.net/images/esig/li.gif] <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/bradley-shoebottom/4/387/a51>
Information Architect - R&D, Innovatia Inc.
Tel: (506) 674-5439  |  Skype: bradleyshoebottom  | Toll-Free: 1-800-363-3358 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
bradley.shoebottom at innovatia.net<mailto:bradley.shoebottom at innovatia.net> | www.innovatia.net<http://www.innovatia.net/> | [http://www.innovatia.net/images/esig/twitter.gif] Follow us on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/InnovatiaInc>
[http://www.innovatia.net/images/esig/logo.gif]<http://www.innovatia.net/>

From: protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu [mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Jean-Louis JANIN
Sent: February-16-12 11:47 AM
To: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: [protege-discussion] Conceptual graphs issued from a Protégé frames project

Hello,

I am looking for a simple way to draw and print conceptual graphs, (concepts in boxes and conceptual relations in circles), out of a Protégé Frames project version 3.4.8), to present and print a few of them, without any large development of a data base system, at the present stage of the project (master dissertation in linguistics, at Bordeaux 3 university, on a bilingual water lexicon, including an ontology of water data).

What would be, perhaps, a better choice, for a future more systematic approach, with more collaborative capacities in computer programming.

I am working on a Mac OS X, version 10.5.8, with Neo Office suite, and some previous experience in data bases with Window's Access.

Regards

Jean-Louis