[protege-discussion] why does Protege require admin privileges?

Stian Soiland-Reyes soiland-reyes at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 04:35:28 PST 2012

Here's a quick workaround (but as Windows 7 is gaining popularity this
should really be fixed):

Start -> "protege"
Right click on "Protege" and go to Properties
under Target, change to "C:\Program Files\Protege_4.1\run.bat"

In order for plugin installation to work you might also have to:

Start -> C:\Program Files\Protege_4.1\
Right-click and go to Properties for the folder
Under tab Security, click Edit...
Add... and type in your username.
Tick "Allow" for "Full Control".
Click OK, OK, OK.