Search Mailing List Archives
[protege-discussion] Help creating a server project stored in a database
mike.barrett at med.nyu.edu
Thu Feb 23 15:41:54 PST 2012
Here's what I did (as near as I can remember):
1) edited run_protege_server.sh
$JAVA_PATH/rmiregistry $RMI_REG_PORT &
2) I installed the mysql driver in the protege directory as driver.jar
3) I started up the server with ./run_protege_server.sh
4) I started up the client with ./run_protege.sh
5) I created a database "PROTEGE" on my mysql server.
6) I created a subdirectory on the server "projects"
7) I created a new project via the protege client using the "Protege Database" Project Type
8) I saved the project "Dogs" to the server's "projects" subdirectory.
9) I edited the server's server metaproject in server's "example" subdirectory
10) I added a new instance of the project class with the location of the project file in the "projects" subdirectory
11) I saved the metaproject
12) I attempted to "Open Other/Server" to connect to the Dogs project on the server.
The "Dogs" project was not listed.
13) I stopped and started the protege server using the shutdown_protege_server.sh and the run_protege_server.sh scripts.
14) I attempted to "Open Other/Server" to connect to the "Dogs" project on the server.
This time the "Dogs" project was an option, but I was not able to create new classes in the project.
15) I opened the "Dogs" project using the file method and created new classes
16) I opened the "Dogs" project using the "Open Other/Server" method. The new clases I had created in step 15 were there, but I could not edit them or create new classes.
Amongst the java output when I attempt to create a new class is the statemet:
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'
What am I doing wrong?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the protege-discussion