[protege-discussion] need information about protege..

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Wed Jan 11 03:41:09 PST 2012

This UML plugin is probably worth a look at, as it sounds like it fits your needs even better than I remembered.

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/UML_Backend

I have used (and continue to use) this UML plugin in order to export my Classes and Slots as UML XMI. I can then open that XMI in my favourite UML tool and quickly build the class diagrams that I need. However, it sounds like the plugin is far more capable than that and can be used to import and save your ontology as UML.

Regards

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
_______________________________________

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org
_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.

On 10 Jan 2012, at 17:57, shobana priya wrote:

> ok sir thank you.. if u know any plugin for reasoning UML class diagram please mail me.. Thank you..
>
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Jonathan Carter <jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com> wrote:
> There's certainly the UML plugin that exports the classes in Protege to an XMI file.
>
> I'm not sure what that plugin can do for importing, though.
> Definitely worth a look.
>
> Regards
>
> Jonathan
>
> Sent from my mobile
>
> On 10 Jan 2012, at 16:37, Timothy Redmond <tredmond at stanford.edu> wrote:
>

>> I believe that Protege 3 has something for this but I don't know the details.  I think that the version of xmi is important.
>>
>> -Timothy
>>
>> On 01/09/2012 09:17 PM, shobana priya wrote:
>>>
>>> can you please tell which one of the protege version do the following
>>> 1.importing the xmi 1.1 or 1.2 format
>>> 2.Reasoning the XMI file