[protege-discussion] How to merge two different ontlogies and highlight one of them

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:37:48 PST 2012

On 01/19/2012 03:15 AM, Sushil Tripathi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new user of protege. I want to merge 2 ontologies to make a
> single ontology structure.

Protege 4.1 has a very simple merge utility (Refactor->Merge Ontologies)
that you can use.  If you are doing something more complicated the
Protege 3 Prompt suite of tools might be the right thing.

Another thing to consider is whether you really want to use imports to
combine the two ontologies.

> Is there a way to highlight one of the ontology (different color/
> shade) in the merged file?

I am not sure what this would mean at the OWL level.  If you use imports
then there will be a tooltip that will show where various propositions
in the ontology come from.

-Timothy