[protege-discussion] WebProtege 2.0 Beta: support for OWL 2 and OBO ontologies; content management

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 4 15:18:25 PDT 2012

*We are very excited to announce WebProtege 2.0 Beta!*

Please navigate to *http://webprotege-beta.stanford.edu/* to try it
out.  Let us know what you think via the protege-discussion mailing list
[1].

*Key new features:*

- WebProtege now supports OWL 2 ontologies, thus allowing users to take
full advantage of WebProtege's collaboration capabilities to develop OWL
2 ontologies in a distributed way.

- Users can now upload OBO Format ontologies and edit them
collaboratively. When a user opens an OBO Format ontology, the user
interface is custom-tailored with a set of OBO-specific widgets that
makes it easier to edit OBO term metadata (see attached screenshots).
All of WebProtege's collaboration capabilities are available for use
with OBO Format ontologies.

- WebProtege now has a content management system. Users can log in and
upload their ontologies to the server, edit them, invite collaborators
to contribute, and set permissions for collaborators (who can then view,
edit, or make comments).

We are looking forward to your feedback!  A web-based version of these
release notes is available on the Protege wiki [2].  A downloadable WAR
file and source code will be made available soon.

Best Regards,
The Protege Team