[protege-discussion] Errors at post processing ontology

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 9 13:33:22 PDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 11:51 PM, Wentao Zhou wrote:
> Dear Timothy,
> Thank you for your reply.
> What should I do if I still wanna open it in protege 3.x.

You can convert the ontology to OWL 1.  You will lose some data.  It
looks like there is a Protege 4 plugin for this on the google code
downloads page [1].

> And there is another problem confusing me during reasoning against the
> ontolog. On protege 3.x (by means of pellet 1.5), there are a lot of
> inconsistent concepts got. While, on protege 4.x (by means of pellet
> 2.x), which does not occur. Why? Is the reason pellet or that the
> protege 3.x can only support to open(or reason against the ontology
> of) owl 1.0?

I would trust the Protege 4.1+ reasoners.  A lot of work has been done
on this since the old OWL 1.0 days.

-Timothy

[1] https://code.google.com/p/protege/downloads/list