[protege-discussion] WebProtege 2.0 Beta Availability

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 20 11:09:22 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks for you interest in WebProtege 2.0 beta.  As the system is fairly new we anticipate that the backend will evolve over the next couple of months (particularly as we optimise it and gain experience of what demands are placed on the system).  While this won't be obvious to end users, it does mean that the formats and layout of the data stores that WebProtege uses may change between now and say the end of September.  By not releasing the war file for a couple of months we can do updates on our server, backup and migrate any projects as the back end evolves and make sure everything runs smoothly.  In other words, by not releasing a war file immediately we don't have to worry about different versions of different backends floating around and helping users with their own local installations migrate from one version to another.   Hope this makes sense.

Is there any particular reason as to why you can't use webprotege-beta.stanford.edu for your testing?

Cheers,

Matthew