[protege-discussion] Jim Likes Dogs

Jim Tivy jimt at bluestream.com
Mon Jun 25 09:26:18 PDT 2012

Hi Martin

I am not sure I understand what your notation is saying.
I understand Jim is an individual.  But what does "Types:" mean and what is
"likes min 2 Dog"  I have a general parsing problem.
In Jim Likes Dogs I parse Subject Property Object.
In OWL2 what are you saying here - is this a ClassAssertion a Property or...

Individual: Jim
     Types:
         likes min 2 Dog

Jim
> likes all (or some) dog.
> >
> > If you need to distinguish between liking a particular member of the
class
> Dog and liking dogs in general, you can use a different object property
and
> Timothy's first suggestion. This seems fine to me because then there
doesn't
> seem to be an obvious logical connection between this new OP and the old
> "likes": if I like some dog, it doesn't mean that I like all dogs and vice
versa. If
> you still see a logical connection, chances are that you can express it in
OWL