[protege-discussion] Help creating a server project

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:20:21 PST 2012

On 02/28/2012 01:32 PM, Barrett, Michael wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply, Timothy.  I will investigate making the changes suggested with our dba.

It occurred to me later that we could just treat the symptoms and ignore
the cause.  If you set your transaction isolation level to read
committed it is possible that your problem would go away.  You can do
this by adding the jvm argument:

    -Dtransaction.level=READ_COMMITTED

> However, I don't see how this could be the problem.  I am able to edit the ontology if I use the unix client and open the project with the "open recent" button.  Using the same client, I have a problem if I try to edit after opening the project via "open other / server"

This is a bit hard to understand.  I just checked and both cases use
REPEATABLE_READ transaction level by default.  I don't have your full
stack trace but I am guessing that the exception occurs when you make a
change to the ontology.

-Timothy