[protege-discussion] OWL2 Classes

Jim Tivy jimt at bluestream.com
Fri Mar 16 13:22:28 PDT 2012

Hi Folks

I am looking to implement a Thesaurus using the OWL2 model.  It seems the
recommended OWL2 modelling is to use a class for each term..  When I look at
class, however, it seems that it is very weak because the mechanism for
attaching properties to classes is weak.

I think I am better served to have one class called "Terms" or "Concepts"
whose individuals express the Thesaurus.  In that way I can constrain
properties and reason about these individuals more naturally.

I realize Class==Concept in OWL2, however I think that since Class itself is
not an individual that it is too weak.  What ever happened to the notion of
the Class Class.

Jim

Jim Tivy - CTO, Bluestream

Skype: jimt.vanc