[protege-discussion] OWL2 Classes

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 17 07:15:08 PDT 2012

> *Individual(myns:Dog)*
>
> *InClass(myns:Dog,Term)*
>
> *ObjectPropertyAssertion(myns:HasChild,myns:Boxer,myns:Dog)*

It could be that this is what you really want to say.  But to me it
seems better to think of myns:Dog as representing the class of all
animals that happen to be dogs.  A myns:Boxer represents the collection
of all myns:Dog's of a certain breed.

Your version is better in the case that you don't think that it is
important - or perhaps don't believe - that all Boxer's are Dogs.
myns:Boxer and myns:Dog are just two nodes in a graph that is connected
by an edge that happens to have the name HasChild.

-Timothy