[protege-discussion] help with the datatype resoner of pellet

shobana priya mitshobs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 02:39:12 PDT 2012

Hello sir/madam,

            i should show the demo for various inconsistencies in OWL. I
detected the inconsistency due to transitive property (which will find the
cyclic inheritace). Now i need to find the datatype inconsistency. I did
this using the concept of datatype inconsistecy is said to be there when
the  intersection of datatype results in empty set. My OWL code for
datatype reasoning is

 <owl:Class rdf:about = '#Class1'/>

  <owl:Class rdf:about = '#Class2'>

    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource = '#Class1'/>

  </owl:Class>

  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about = '#ID'>

    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource = '#Class1'/>

    <rdfs:range rdf:resource = '
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger'/>

  </owl:DatatypeProperty>

  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about = '#ID'>

    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource = '#Class2'/>

    <rdfs:range rdf:resource = 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string'/>

  </owl:DatatypeProperty>

But on reasoning with protege 3.4.7 , pellet 1.5.2 and  protege 4.0, pellet
2.1 this shows only consistent

please help me in where i am going wrong and explain me in detail about the
inconsistecy found by datatype reasoner with an sample OWL example...

Its really very urgent, i have to show demo tomorrow... please help
me....... thanks in advance...