[protege-discussion] OWL2 Classes

robert Stevens robert.stevens at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 03:02:21 PDT 2012

It is a property assertion on  a class. You are saying that each and every individual in this class holds this property  with at least one member of the filler class (if one's using existentials). the thing to do is to try and think about it in terms of Venn diagrams.

However, in thesaurus world you're better   off using assertions on relationships anyway - the semantics are better. this is what SKOS does.