[protege-discussion] help with the datatype resoner of pellet

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 19 07:08:40 PDT 2012

Your ontology should lead to the conclusion that the ID property is
incoherent.   No individual can have a ID-property value because the the
value would have to be both a string and a non-negative integer.  I have
attached the desired ontology and the expected inference.

Curiously I don't see this inference when I use either FaCT++ or
Pellet.  I only see it with HermiT.  At a first guess I think that
HermiT is right and Pellet and FaCT++ are wrong.  If you add an
individual and give it a ID-data property assertion then the ontology
becomes inconsistent with all three reasoners.

Also Protege doesn't show the property in red and I will have to
investigate that.

-Timothy