[protege-discussion] Extract Password from server login

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 26 15:06:34 PDT 2012

On 3/26/12 2:48 AM, Restel, Hannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In a Client Protege, I want to extract the username and password used
> to connect to a Protégé Server, to reuse it.
>
> is there any possibility in the Protégé API to extract the username
> and especially the password used to login to a protégé server?

The Protege Server will give you user information but not password
information.   You can get the User information by getting the meta
project and then asking it about the users.  For example, I just ran the
following code at an eclipse breakpoint

     KnowledgeBase kb = cls.getKnowledgeBase();
     RemoteServer server = RemoteProjectUtil.getRemoteServer(kb);
     RemoteSession session = RemoteClientFrameStore.getCurrentSession(kb);
     RemoteProjectManager manager = RemoteProjectManager.getInstance();
     MetaProject metaProject = manager.connectToMetaProject(server, session);
     metaProject.getUsers();

In this case I am getting the session and the server from an already
open knowledgebase but you could also login to get this information.

-Timothy