Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-discussion] Feature request: Undo for edit fields

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 27 07:31:32 PDT 2012


> Unfortunately, the internal undo feature by protégé does not work for 
> me, as I am connected to a protégé server...
>

For a Protege 3 client-server relationship, undo is very difficult to 
support and probably won't be implemented.  The problem is that changes 
from different users get interleaved and it is difficult to unravel 
these changes.  It is much easier in the Protege 4 client-server model 
(which isn't ready for prime time yet).  In Protege 4 the most natural 
thing to do is to allow a user to try out a set of changes before 
committing them.

-Timothy




On 03/27/2012 04:49 AM, Restel, Hannes wrote:
>
> Hi Timothy,
>
> well, i mean the usual "undo feature" that most operating systems 
> have, e.g. by pressing CTRL+Z directly in a text field.
>
> And that does not work in the protégé text fields mentioned below. I 
> am not sure, but I think that the underlying java visual components 
> don't seem to support it..
>
> Unfortunately, the internal undo feature by protégé does not work for 
> me, as I am connected to a protégé server...
>
> *--*
>
> Beschreibung: Beschreibung: FOKUS-logo-www - Kopie
>
> **
>
> *M.Sc. Hannes Restel | **Fraunhofer-Institut für Offene 
> Kommunikationssysteme*
>
> **
>
> Kompetenzzentrum eGovernment und Applikationen (ELAN)
>
> Sichere Business Infrastrukturen, Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter
>
> Steinplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany
>
> Telefon: +49 (0)30/24 306-324
>
> mailto:hannes.restel at fokus.fraunhofer.de
>
> http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de <http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/>
>
> *Von:*protege-discussion-bounces at mailman.stanford.edu 
> [mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at mailman.stanford.edu] *Im Auftrag 
> von *Timothy Redmond
> *Gesendet:* Dienstag, 27. März 2012 02:53
> *An:* protege-discussion at mailman.stanford.edu
> *Betreff:* Re: [protege-discussion] Feature request: Undo for edit fields
>
>
> Both Protege 3 and Protege 4 have an undo feature (under the edit 
> menu).  Is this what you want?
>
> -Timothy
>
>
>
> On 3/19/12 9:30 AM, Restel, Hannes wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very interested in an undo-feature for edit fields 
> (EditorPaneWidget, TextAreaWdiget, TextFieldWidget)!
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hannes
>
> *--*
>
> Beschreibung: Beschreibung: FOKUS-logo-www - Kopie
>
> **
>
> *M.Sc. Hannes Restel | Fraunhofer-Institut für Offene 
> Kommunikationssysteme*
>
> **
>
> Kompetenzzentrum eGovernment und Applikationen (ELAN)
>
> Sichere Business Infrastrukturen, Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter
>
> Steinplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany
>
> Telefon: +49 (0)30/24 306-324
>
> mailto:hannes.restel at fokus.fraunhofer.de
>
> http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de <http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-discussion mailing list
> protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu  <mailto:protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-discussion
>   
> Instructions for unsubscribing:http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-discussion mailing list
> protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-discussion
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-discussion/attachments/20120327/ae9433fa/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 1806 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-discussion/attachments/20120327/ae9433fa/attachment.gif>


More information about the protege-discussion mailing list