[protege-discussion] File OWL

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 12 10:14:31 PST 2012

On 11/09/2012 09:36 AM, Marine Terezinha da Silva Bello Flores wrote:
> Sorry Timothy,
> I did not explain right, because English is not my first language.
>
> How do I get the code in language OWL, when I open my file  .owl
> in Protege 4.2,
> because I need to see the code in language owl inside my file and
>  export this code in owl. In my file I find the code in RDF only

If the file is an RDF file and not an OWL 2 file then this can be a bit
tricky.  Note that an OWL 2 ontology can be serialized to RDF so the
fact that it is in the RDF/RDFS format does not mean that it is not an
OWL 2 ontology.

Usually Protege 4.2 will read in an RDF file that does not meet the OWL
2 specification, but the conversion is lossy and may not reflect the
original intent of the RDF ontology developer.

-Timothy