[protege-discussion] populate my individuals from database

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:44:31 PST 2012

> i aim using protege 4.0.1 .

First of all I would strongly encourage you to move to Protege 4.2 or
Protege 4.1.  The 4.0 Protege series are targeted at a version of the
OWL specification (OWL 1.1) that never became a standard. By using a 4.0
variant of Protege, you are creating interoperability problems for
yourself and you don't have access to the latest tools.

> can any one help me to find efficient  way to populate my ontology
> individuals from database table or speared-sheet

If your ontology is compatible with OWL 1.0 then you could try using
Protege 3 which has the datamaster and/or mapping master plugins.  If
your ontology is outside the OWL 1 specification then it still may be
possible to extract a small subset of your ontology (I would guess that
you wouldn't need very much) and populate that with the individuals
using the Protege 3 tool.

-Timothy