[protege-discussion] File Owl : protege-discussion Digest, Vol 76, Issue 26

Sluka, James Patrick jsluka at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 13 11:37:33 PST 2012

> Sorry Timothy,
> I did not explain right, because English is not my first language.
>
> How do I get the code in language OWL, when I open my file  .owl
> in Protege 4.2,
> because I need to see the code in language owl inside my file and
>  export this code in owl. In my file I find the code in RDF only

Not sure if this is what you want but the Protege 4 tab for the "Active
Ontology" can be configured to show many reifications of the currently
loaded ontology. You can configure the tab to show;
- RDF/XML rendering
- OWL functional syntax rendering
- OWL/XML rendering
- Manchester syntax rendering
(and perhaps others)

Go to <Window><views><ontology views> and select the reification you
want to include and place it in the window for the tab. I put them on
the "Active Ontology" tab but you could make your own tab with the
various reifications.

You can view and copy (but probably not edit) the entire loaded
ontology from those reification windows in the syntax you need.

Jim Sluka
Indiana Univ.