[protege-discussion] protege-discussion Digest, Vol 75, Issue 10

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 9 18:05:26 PDT 2012

The easiest method is to copy the pprj file for the database project to
the other location.  The pprj project contains all the needed
information to connect to the database project.  The only issue might be
if you have used localhost to access the database and this hostname does
not work from the other location.

Failing that, you can connect directly to the database project from
Protege using the new project menu (perhaps not too intuitive).  Do the
following:

 1. In the "Welcome to Protege" (or in the File menu) select new project.
 2. **Very important** - make sure that the "Create from existing
    sources" is checked.
 3. Choose either OWL/RDF database or Protege database depending on
    whether your project is an OWL database project.
 4. (Assuming you chose OWL/RDF) choose OWL Database in the next window.
 5. Then you get a window where you can enter your configuration parameters.

-Timothy