[protege-discussion] Property restrictions

Joachim Baran joachim.baran at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:14:23 PDT 2012

Hello, again,

  I have another stupid question:

  I try to restrict some object/datatype properties to occur only a certain number of times per feature. So, I added to my "Feature" superclass the restriction "strand exactly 1 Strand". However, when I tried to test this restriction by creating an individual of "Feature" that has more than two "strand" object properties, I still get no inconsistency reported.

  Is this a limitation of the reasoner (I am using HermiT 1.3.6)?

  I also tried Pellet, which gives me a "null" exception, and FaCT complains that I use the datatype owl:real. RacerPro, like HermiT, does not report an inconsistency either.

Thanks,
Joachim