[protege-discussion] Help : Protege 4.2 Alpha

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 28 14:39:59 PDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 04:44 AM, Dinbandhu Laxman Gauda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does protégé 4.2 Alpha supports Database backend.? If yes where can I
> find the documentation of it ?

There are three database backends that work with Protege.  One of them
is developed by our group and the other two are here [1,2].

Of these the one that currently looks the most interesting is [2]. They
have integrated their database with a collaborative server and it looks
like a very interesting offering.

I haven't been doing much with the database back for Protege 4.2 because
it seems like the costs of using a database outweigh the benefits,
especially for Protege 4.1 which has a relatively small memory footprint.

-Timothy

[1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/owldb/
[2]http://www.sharegov.org/#!projects.html  <http://www.sharegov.org/#%21projects.html>
[3] https://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/libraries/org.protege.owl.database/trunk