[protege-discussion] converting projects between OWL and Frames - Vice versa

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 28 23:45:17 PDT 2012

> I thought convert to project format would solve my issue, even if
> ontologies are developed in two different formats.
> But it seems the conversion is not working properly, and we get so
> many errors like (no content displayed in the screen).

The conversion between frames and OWL doesn't work well.

> We have a requirement to use both OWL and frames (since we need some
> plugins which are developed solely for this) to develop ontologies.

This is an awkward requirement.   But you should investigate the
possibility that your frame based plugins will simply work in Protege 3
OWL.  The Protege 3 OWL api is based on the Protege frames api.  So
depending on the plugins you might be able to get them to work in
Protege 3 OWL.

-Timothy