[protege-discussion] Help : Protege 4 client server (Bleeding edge version)

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 31 00:22:26 PDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 10:08 PM, Dinbandhu Laxman Gauda wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> Attached is a log text file.  I looked at org.protege.owl.server.jar file and looks like SetMetaprojectDataDir.class file is missing. I infact .java file is also missing from org.protege.owl.server\src\main\java\org\protege\owl\server\command folder
>
> Thanks
> -Dinu

Thanks very much for the help.  This problem was completely my mistake -
actually I made several mistakes to make this happen.  It has been
broken for a bit and I didn't notice.  If you update and try again I
think that it will work.  (I just ran the installer in both linux and
windows.)

One of the things that I changed to fix this was to change the ant clean
target and add a clean.full target.  The clean target now just cleans up
the built artifacts in the checked out directories.  The clean.full
target will also clean up the Protege OWL server files that have been
installed in the system directories.

You have also helped me see that I can simplify this process when the
server is ready for release.  The current version involves two projects
(the server project and the server deployer project) that get built.  If
anything goes wrong in either one then the build fails.  But really all
we need to distribute is the deployer project together with a built copy
of the server.