[protege-discussion] Working with large ontologies in Web Protege 2

Rajeev Singh rjsingh24 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:09:09 PDT 2012

Hi,
I aplogize for re-sending. Going with the assumption that my earlier mail
(08/31) fell through the cracks.
The features in WebProtege 2 are very promising and will definitely help in
increasing adoption of semantic technologies in the area of knowledge
management. Thanks for this valuable effort.
Have a couple of questions regarding working with large ontologies in
WebProtege. Let us assume that we are working with ontology with about
50000 TBox & 100000 ABox nodes. Also assume that each TBox class has 10
properties(5 data and 5 object)
- How does WebProtege store ontologies. As RDF files or in RDF triple store
(DB based)
- Given a massive ontology does the back end server load the entire
ontology in memory when a web Client opens it
- When a web client opens a large ontology is the entire ontology sent to
the client

Thanks, -Rajeev