[protege-discussion] Working with large ontologies in Web Protege 2

Rajeev Singh rjsingh24 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 17:38:25 PDT 2012

Thank you so much for the response.and clarifying that Web Protege 2 does
not send the entire ontology to the client

Good to know that 90000 class ontology can be loaded in Protege 4 in 15
secs. Please tell me more about the machine configuration which gives this
kind of performance. Going with the assumption that after loading a large
ontology the response time of operations does not become sluggish.

Also wanted to clarify if web Protege 2 (OWL API based) can use a DB back
end or it just works with file based storage.