[protege-discussion] merging of ontologies

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 9 10:40:48 PDT 2013

Hi Suganya,

This question has been answered several times on the different Protege
mailing list. Here is a sample thread:
http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/merging-ontologies-td3230276.html

I would suggest however that you consider also the option of keeping the
ontologies separately and create a "master" or "umbrella" (or whatever
you want to call it) ontology that would import the other ontologies, if
this scenario fits your use case. You can handle ontology imports in
Protege 3.x using the MetadataTab. [1]

Csongor

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MetadataTab