[protege-discussion] Any viable approach to develop KBS using Protege?

Michael DeBellis mdebellis at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 12 10:15:22 PDT 2013

Programming the Semantic Web by Toby Segran, Colin Evans, and Jamie Taylor has some good examples of developing systems base on ontologies and uses Protege as their tool for developing the ontology.
Semantic Web Programming by John Hebeler et. al does as well.
I liked both of them, I think they are both worth getting.
But they don't actually have a methodology, if you are looking for that, sort of a Rational Unified Process (RUP) for Semantic Web systems my guess is its kind of soon for that, methodologies make sense after people have learned lessons from experience and I don't think there is enough experience yet, although others probably disagree.
Also, if you are looking for a methodology to build systems cost effectively I would highly recommend you take a look at Agile Methods. I've used all sorts of techniques in my career Andersen's Method/1, RUP, etc. and I think Agile is unquestionably the way to go regardless of the kind of system you are developing or the technology you are developing it with, it really focuses the team on what is important.
Michael DeBellis
--- On Thu, 4/11/13, Addib Navilla <ed_navilla at yahoo.com> wrote