[protege-discussion] Update of the MySQL backend database

Eddy.VANDERLINDEN at ext.ec.europa.eu Eddy.VANDERLINDEN at ext.ec.europa.eu
Tue Apr 23 02:15:25 PDT 2013

Hello,

MS Excel offers in the 2010 version a nice feature.
When we have the MySQL workbench installed on the same PC, there is a connection possible from Excel to MySQL.
This is accessible through the button as shown hereby  .
We can retrieve and update information in the spreadsheet.

The possibility to upload triples is available too.
However, when we do so, they do not appear in the ontology (updates of existing triples do).

We are using Protégé 3.4.8 with Webprotégé 1 as user interface, the collaborative version in the background does not show the new triples neither.

An example of the uploaded data in the spreadsheet is shown here:
frame   frame_type      slot    facet   is_template     value_index     value_type      short_value     long_value
ArisDiagram     25      :DIRECT-TYPE            0       1       9       http://ec.europa.eu/ontologies/EC_Glossary.owl#EC_Concept
http://ec.europa.eu/ontologies/EC_Glossary.owl#EC_Concept       9       :DIRECT-INSTANCES               0       206     25      ArisDiagram
ArisDiagram     25      :NAME           0       0       3       ArisDiagram
ArisDiagram     25      http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type         0       0       9       http://ec.europa.eu/ontologies/EC_Glossary.owl#EC_Concept
ArisDiagram     25      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel           0       0       3       Aris diagram

Is there anything we are missing here to make this function?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Eddy Vanderlinden

DIGIT Unit 01, Brussels
MIA - Methodologies, Interoperability and Architectures
Tel.: +32 2 295 26 64