[protege-discussion] Update of the MySQL backend database

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:09:15 PDT 2013

Hi Eddy,

The Protege 3 database back-end is not meant to be edited directly
(through SQL updates or Excel or anything). The adding of new
information (new rows) is an especially bad idea, since it is very easy
to break things.
The Protege back-end is NOT a triple store, but rather a "proprietary"
storage format developed originally for frames ontologies, and later
adapted to be used to store OWL ontologies.

You should use the Protege/WebProtege client or the Protege API to
modify the content of your ontology.

If you explain what you try to achieve, maybe we can provide even more
specific advise.

Regards,
Csongor