[protege-discussion] Starting new project in webProtege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 22 13:25:19 PST 2013

You can add in the metaproject also an OWL file, it does not have to be
a pprj. I suggest that you do that, rather than trying to edit an
existing pprj file. Or, you can open your OWL file in Protege 3.x, save
it, and it will create a pprj file for you. But, as I said, that is not
necessary, just add the OWL file to the metaproject.

We have a comprehensive troubleshooting guide on the wiki. Please take a
look first, if you still have any problems:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeAdminGuide#Troubleshooting

Another suggestion is to use the WebProtege server that we host at
Stanford: http://webprotege-beta.stanford.edu/ and add your project
there. You can configure the access policies (R/W), share the project,
and invite others to contribute. This link is for WebProtege 2, which
works with the OWL-API (same one used by Protege 4) and has support for
OWL 2.

Best,
Tania