[protege-discussion] Question about SWRL built-in "hasNumberOfPropertyValues"‏‏‏

Kang, Sungku skang47 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:39:36 PDT 2013

To whom it may concern,

My name is SungKu, who's working as a graduate research assistant in UIUC.

I'd like to perform reasoning based on the number of object related through a certain property,

so I need to use SWRL built-in "hasNumberOfPropertyValues" in abox of SWRL built-in.

However, I couldn't write a rule using "hasNumberOfPropertyValues" even though abox is imported properly.
(I tried this with both latest version of protege, 4.3 and the old version of protege, 3.4)

Here's my question for the issue.

1. I know that "hasNumberOfPropertyValues" has risk to modify existing information of ontology.
    So, "hasNumberOfPropertyValues" has been deprecated because of the issue?
    If so, are there any way to use old version of built-in, which has "hasNumberOfPropertyValues"?

2. If it is not deprecated, is there any way to use it?

3. If it is deprecated and old version is not accessible, is there any alternative for "hasNumberOfPropertyValues"
    in the current built-in?

If you are not able to help me, please let me know the person I can contact for the issue.

Thank you for your help and I hope you have a nice day!

Regards,

Kang, SungKu