[protege-discussion] Nothing class (newbie question)

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 6 11:24:58 PST 2013

Hi,

owl:Nothing is interpreted as the empty set.  It does not have any instances.  Because it is interpreted as the empty set, it is a subclass of every other class (since the empty set is a subset of every set).  owl:Thing appears at the top of the class hierarchy, whilst owl:Nothing appears at the bottom of the class hierarchy.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Matthew