[protege-discussion] "Downsizing" from concept to data

André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos andreltramos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:41:53 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to establish a contextual architecture for a given
manufacturing domain and am facing a challenge I could not solve so far.
The challenge is like this:  in a given manufacturing concept, say an
operation as milling, there are manufacturing data limits such as
cutting speed, etc.  when it becomes actual data.  How to define such
concept?

My approach to handle this aspect was to develop an objectProperty, for
instance manufacturing_operation_has_limits with Domains and Ranges
intersection: list_of_real and real.  In addition, I defined a new
individual called limit with type list_of_real.  Therefore my question
is threefold,

1. How could the actual individual be used when it refers to an interval
instead of referring  only to one actual data value?
2. Do I need a data property as well?  BTW, I already defined one called
to_define_limit with Domains (intersection) list_of_real, real and
Ranges float, double.  It does not show the individual previously
defined limit.  How to use it, please?
3. How to link the data property to either an object property  or a
class?

Thanks in advance!

--
André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos