[protege-discussion] Feature Request

Joachim Baran joachim.baran at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 10:47:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

  Instead of going office-to-office, I thought it is easier to broadcast
this feature request here. :)

  I use owl:equivalentClass a lot in one of my ontologies and that creates
a visualization problem in the class hierarchy tree.

  I select "View" -> "Show only the active ontology" in Protege 4.3
Desktop, which nicely shows only my classes and equivalences to other
ontologies (e.g., "Cell = cell").

  However, it *also* shows the same equivalence as "cell = Cell" under
owl:Thing. This behavior causes a lot of clutter in the class hierarchy
view.

  Would it be possible to hide the "reverse" equivalences when "Show only
the active ontology" is selected?

Thank you,

Kim