[protege-discussion] CFP - 4th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval (ASIR’14)

Katarzyna Wasielewska-Michniewska k.wasielewska at fedcsis.org
Sat Jan 4 14:57:22 PST 2014

Apologies for possible multiple copies of this CFP.

CALL FOR PAPER
=======================================

4th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval
(ASIR’14)

Warsaw, Poland, 7 - 10 September, 2014

WWW: http://www.fedcsis.org/asir
E-mail: asir2014 at fedcsis.org

We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing a paper
to ASIR 2014 - held as a part of the Federated Conference on Computer
Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2014).

IMPORTANT DATES
=======================================

- Paper submission: April 11, 2014
- Position paper submission: May 12, 2014
- Acceptance decision: May 19, 2014
- Final version of paper submission: June 17, 2014
- Final deadline for discounted fee: July 31, 2014

RESEARCH AREAS AND TOPICS OF INTEREST
=======================================

Recent advances in semantic technologies form a solid basis for a
variety of methods and instruments that support multimedia information
retrieval, knowledge representation, discovery and analysis. They
influence the way and form of representing documents in the memory of
computers, approaches to analyze documents, techniques to mine and
retrieve knowledge. The abundance of video, voice and speech data also
raises new challenging problems to multimedia information retrieval systems.
We believe that our workshop will facilitate discussions of new research
results in this area, and will serve as a meeting place for researchers
from all over the world. Our aim is to create an atmosphere of
friendship and cooperation for everyone, interested in computational
linguistics and semantic information retrieval. The ASIR’14 workshop
will continue to maintain high standards of quality and organization,
set in the previous years. We welcome all the researchers, interested in
semantic information retrieval, to join our event.

The workshop addresses semantic information retrieval theory and
important matters, related to practical Web tools. The topics and areas
include but not limited to:
- Domain-specific semantic applications.
- Evaluation methodologies for semantic search and retrieval.
- Models for document representation.
- Natural language semantic processing.
- Ontology for semantic information retrieval.
- Ontology alignment, mapping and merging.
- Query interfaces.
- Searching and ranking.
- Semantic multimedia retrieval.
- Visualization of retrieved results.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
=======================================

- Authors should submit their papers at the FedCSIS submission system
and according to the FedCSIS rules specified at
http://www.fedcsis.org/2014/for_authors.
- The length of a regular paper is 8-10 pages, and a position paper is
6-8 pages (IEEE style).
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific
merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE
Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters -
Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, DBLP
Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference
will be published as Special Issue(s).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.

EVENT CHAIRS