[protege-discussion] PAL constraints to OWL conversion?

simone serra urrfaust at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:50:49 PST 2014

Hello list,

I'm wondering if there exists an automated way of converting PAL constraints to OWL. I have an old ontology in a .pins file that contains several PAL constraints, so in Protégé 3.5 build 663 (the latest 3.5 build, I think) I tried Export to Format->OWL but the PAL constraints don't get transformed as I was hoping. Basically for each constraint I get the following:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="KB_2321_00012">
    <rdf:type rdf:datatype="java:edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultCls">Cls(:PAL-CONSTRAINT)</rdf:type>
 </rdf:Description>

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Simone