[protege-discussion] local (accented) characters displayed erronously in exported HTML

Füzi, Peter fuzi.peter at fuzi-haz.hu
Wed Jan 22 13:24:31 PST 2014

Hi Ladies/Gents,

I am a new guy in the Protégé scene. I have about 15 monthes long intro trials with Protégé (Frames), deployed in periodical background efforts. I appreciate Protégé, thanks the developers for this cute product. I already read the relevant sources, like Getting Started, etc. and I have more successful experiences with it.

My Protégé installation (Win 8.1 64 bit, Java 1.7.0._51, Protégé Frames 3.4.8 - a simple starter configuration on a notebook released last April) works fine during model development. Unfortunately local characters (accented Hungarian letters) of my descriptions are displayed in wrong placeholders when I export them to HTML. This behaviour of the system is consequent: all local characters are displayed with incorrect characters, none has a correct shape.

I checked out my Protégé configuration against the specification: all versions are in compliance with the configuration rules. Also I browsed lots of web-pages in concern with this problem. Still I cannot find the key to sort it out.

Your hint is kindly welcome, whether what should be checked out to meet the correct operation. Thanks and regards,

Peter Füzi
Hungary, Europe