[protege-discussion] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Re: local (accented) characters displayed erronously in exported HTML

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 22 15:09:17 PST 2014

Dear Peter,

Protege uses Unicode characters with UTF8 encoding by default to save
the ontologies in the different formats.
You can see and change the encoding that is used in the Project ->
Encodings menu.

I don't know what is it going wrong with your particular setup, but I
had no problem at all to create classes, properties and instances that
contain Hungarian characters in their names.
The differences between our setups are the following: I used the latest
version of Protege Frames (version 3.5) and I ran it on Ubuntu.

Please see attached a sample ontology containing Hungarian characters,
and the exported HTML documentation that is generated from that ontology.
You should be able to read the characters both in Protege and in HTML.
If you can't, you probably need to modify some of your Web browser
and/or OS settings related to character encodings.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Csongor