[protege-owl] Storing ontologies.

Marisa Santos Amaro marisa.osantos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 07:07:52 PDT 2006

Hi people.
  Does anyone know a "step-by-step" guide that I could use to learn how to
store an OWL ontology in a MySQL database ?
  As a beginner, I have some basic doubts :
a) After building the ontology, I would like to query it using an
application to read the classes definitions, properties and instances,
because using the Protege resources I coudn´t  get all mixed searches I
need. What kind of environment is more suitable for this goal :  does
people  usually access the ontology as a owl file (with yours instances
saved embedded in the code) or  does it work with a backend database? The
instances usually
b) By reading the Protege2000  "saving a database project" section I
understood that an OWL ontology can be stored as a single table. One table
represents only one class, right ? So, how to save all the ontology classes
? Do I need to repeat a save-project operation for each class of my model
? And how about the instances,  where/how are they saved ?

  Where could I get good examples about these topics ?

Thanks a lot for any help.
  Marisa.