[protege-owl] auto-updating instances after changing a property to transitive or symmetric?

dimitris bilidas dim83bil at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 06:52:12 PDT 2006

Hello,

Let's say that we have a property P with domain and range the same class C.
We also have the instances I1, I2 and I3 of the class C. The instance I1 is
related through the property P with the instance I2, and the instance I2 is
related through the property P with the instance I3.

After these, we declare the property P transitive. Shouldn't the instance I1
get a relation through the property P with the instance I3? This doesn't
happen automatically. Furthermore, when I am checking the ontology for
consistency(I used both pellet and racer), I get no errors, though I1 is not
related with I3. Shouldn't the model be inconsistent?