[protege-owl] Tutorial for using SPARQL with OWL.

Holger Knublauch holger at
Wed Sep 6 10:53:04 PDT 2006

Massimo Coletti wrote:
> Gerhard Austaller ha scritto:
>> problems that i can't figure aout how to solve. E.g. I try to get all
>> individuals that are instances of a particular class including
>> individuals of subclasses of that class... Any hint?
> this is not possible in SPARQL, as the language have only notion about
> asserted triples.

This is not exactly correct.  The SPARQL language itself doesn't care
whether a triple is inferred or asserted as long as the query graph
provides it.  For example, you can easily do SPARQL queries on top of a
Jena inference graph.  But this is not possible in Protege.

TopQuadrant, Inc.