[protege-owl] Tutorial for using SPARQL with OWL.

Gerhard Austaller gerhard73 at o2online.de
Wed Sep 6 11:04:32 PDT 2006

Hi

"Massimo Coletti" <mailing.coletti at finnat.it> schrieb:
>Gerhard Austaller ha scritto:
>>
>>problems that i can't figure aout how to solve. E.g. I try to get all
>>individuals that are instances of a particular class including
>>individuals of subclasses of that class... Any hint?
>>

>this is not possible in SPARQL, as the language have only notion about
>asserted triples.
>You can see a previous thread (25-30 aug.) among me, Holger and Olivier

Thanks! I found the thread. That's a pitty :-(  I thought that the
point in having a query language is that the language is aware of the
semantics. Otherwise we can stick with xpath and work on the XML
documents... Ok, I have to apologize. I know that you can not compare
xpath to SPARQL. Further, without having a query language that is aware
of the semantics of  OWL language constructs there is no point in
having ontologies in OWL.  Because now I am really wondering how to use
the knowledge I modelled in OWL when there is no query language.

Does anybody know projects on OWL-Query languages?

Thx
Gerhard