[protege-owl] Tutorial for using SPARQL with OWL.

Holger Knublauch holger at knublauch.com
Wed Sep 6 11:26:50 PDT 2006

>> This is not exactly correct.  The SPARQL language itself doesn't care
>> whether a triple is inferred or asserted as long as the query graph
>> provides it.  For example, you can easily do SPARQL queries on top of a
>> Jena inference graph.  But this is not possible in Protege.
>
> Thx. I'll have a look to that!

If you are not a programmer and don't want to get into the details of
Jena, you can try it out with TopBraid Composer (use the option to run
SPARQL on top of Pellet).  This tool uses Jena under the hood but comes
with a convenient query interface.

By the way I have just written about using SPARQL for ontology mapping,
and how to visualize SPARQL queries in class diagrams in my blog (linked
below) - if someone is interested.

Holger

TopQuadrant, Inc.
http://www.topbraidcomposer.com